Wednesday, September 8, 2010

My Next Race


Today I signed up for my first ever official marathon - The Fitzroy Falls Fire Trail Marathon

Its meant to be a beautiful trail marathon and a good qualifier for the 6 Ft Track Marathon in march which i plan to run.

My training this last few weeks has been very much focussed on hills and im slowly upping the speed work. My mileage isnt super high as its not necessary. I should be able to complete this race off an average of 90km per week.

Im coming back from my ITB injury so i see this as the perfect step up to running ultras again next year.
Apparently one should expect to tack on at least 30 mins to their flat road marathon time when trying to predict their time at The Fitzroy Falls marathon. I have no idea what my flat road marathon time is but my aim is to complete the marathon within 4 hrs and come out of it unscathed.
This weeks training:
Monday - 12.72km - 61min 34sec
Tuesday - 20.44km - 104min 12 sec
Wednesday - Rest. Was just too hungry to run by the time work was finished so i decided to give myself a rest. Plan on making up for it tomorrow with a double run. We shall see....

1 comment:

  1. I'll do my best not to get injured, but so far I've listened to my body when it says I should calm down a little. :)

    90 km in average per week sounds good! :D Your running pace is pretty much like mine. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete