Sunday, February 27, 2011

Weekly Summary 21/02/11 - 27/02/11

This week i decided rather early on that it would be more of a 'down' week to let my body recover. As such, I had no intention of getting up for my early morning runs. This was a nice change to the week.
My goal of hitting 600km for the month is still doable but its not going to happen for me. I'm not going to kill/injure myself to get there besides the whole reason of having the target is to get me running more consistently - which is happening.

Monday was my first day back to NRG. We did 7 sprints up stairs on a fairly easy loop. Im finding my fitness has been given a massive boost recently and these sessions are becoming easier and easier.
(PM) 10.97km 54.21min 4.56min/km  (run to NRG)
(PM) 9.97km  55.20min 5.33min/km

Tuesday was an easy run home then a couple of hill laps. Nothing exciting to report.
(PM) 15.75km  1hr 10 40sec 4.29min/km (500ml water)


Wednesday I decided towards the end of the day (after stuffing my face with doughnuts) that I would have a crack at beating my record time home.
This went extremely well and I hit a tonne of sub 4 kms in the process.
(PM) 11km 43.26min  3.56min/km (500ml water)

Thursday was a very gentle run home, again I ran this without feedback from my garmin, just by feel. Surprising how much faster I run that way.
(PM) 11km  50.05min  4.34min/km  (500ml water)

Friday I decided to do my morning run. Just 16km and I started off slow and built up to a decent clip. Felt great afterwards and wished I had been doing that all week.
Then in the evening just a recovery run home.

(AM) 16.07km  1hr 9min 17sec   4.18min/km (500ml water)
(PM) 11km  50.26min  4.34min/km (500ml water)

Saturday i woke up at 5am to run a 50km loop i had planned out. Up the pacific highway, up bobbin head and kuring gai chase road. Nice elevation change in the national park but overall not a great deal of vertical.
I paced myself pretty decently, running quicker on the way back. PLenty of energy in me. 1 toilet stop and 1 stop to get some drinks but that was it.
Went through the marathon mark in 3hrs 25 which was good as I felt like I was plodding along.
Recovered well the next day, no pain whatsover in my legs. Fantastic.

50km - 4hr 2min  4.50min/km (2 bagels, 2 bananas, 2 powerades, 1.5litres of water with nuun tablets)


Sunday - Just a gentle 5km on the treadmill in my 5 fingers. Legs felt fantastic but using this day as a rest day. No great intention to run today although the legs have plenty of energy. SHould be another good week ahead.

5km - 25 min 5min/km


Total Summary:

140.79km - 10hrs 59mins 49 secs

Happy with the week. Lowest mileage of the month but I also recorded my longest run. Need to do more of those and will look to do another long run next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment